Monday, January 19, 2009

Sad little thing...

Mark (Dad) has always been very persistent with the upkeep on his yard. I remember when us kids were growing up we’d sit and look out the bay window of our house on Flume Canyon. Dad would be raking up leafs while the wind was blowing and more were flying around. He’d rake the top grass and continue down to the bottom lawn. When he was done he’s look back at the top lawn and it would be covered with leaves again. Or we would sit by the back door on our bar stools that we placed over the heater in a snow storm and watch our dad shovel snow in a blizzard. You could barely see him because it was completely white outside. When he’d come in we say “Dad how come you don’t just shovel when it stops snowing”. He would look at us like what kind of question was that? And say “I’d have twice as much!”
I would think to myself…my parents yard is going to be absolutely amazing when I grow up, just think how much experience my dad will have with all the yard work he does. Then to my surprise I received an email from Jay. Mark (dad) had planted a Photinia bush (this is what it should look like)
last year and has been waiting….. well looks like he’ll be waiting for a while longer while for it to turn into a beautiful bush. Because this is what his looks like –
Sorry Dad! I guess as you get older maybe your green thumb doesn’t get greener.
Love –
Brynne

3 comments:

WisAndGrif said...

Remember the pine needles? After he raked them up, he would stand there and pick up each one as it blew off the tree? Why do you think we moved to a yard with No pine needles. The other day we had one blow into our yard from the neighbors tree. He threw it back into their yard! What a Guy! Gotta Love him, and I do! MOM

Lacey said...

Hahahahahahah! HIlarious!

Brett and Staci said...

Ha! That's funny!