Thursday, July 24, 2008

Old Letters reread...

It’s been some time since Jay has been home from his mission.
Today I (Brynne) was looking through old emails at work and I have tons from Jay while he was on his mission. So I’m taking a few bits and pieces because it made me laugh –
Hope you don’t mind Jay Jay! – I have tons more this is just from the first 8 months or so.
* It was really sad seeing the America drift away behind us. Me and Elder Hansen almost cried. It was hard. Korea is definitely huge!!!!!!!!
*I also ate pig skin.
*I also drew pictures on the board to show them stuff and acted out a lot of words. It was so funny but we communicated some how.
*I went up to the old man and he waived his hands in the air and started yelling "I don’t know, I don’t know, I don’t know" but it was in Korean.
*We went to a Korean Folk Village! I got on the KOREAN NEWS! Isn't that sweet. I got first place in a contest. We had to cut this stuff called duck. It is like wax. It is a very traditional food. Like 50 Americans were in it. I totally cut my finger and was bleeding everywhere. It was really funny. I think they felt bad for me because I got first place. I cut them really good though.
*Do I really look tired in all my pictures? Cuz I am. My brain just wants to explode half the time. lol. Korean turns your brain upside down and backwards. It hurts.
*There is a ton of kids around me right now trying to read this letter but they don't know how. It's really funny. They think I'm from a different world. It's funny, everyone I walk by on the streets says how tall I am. I'm glad I finally know when they say that. It's funny!
*Sorry I lost all of my funniness being on a mission. I am totally not funny anymore. LoL. But I'm not weird. I don't think I've changed at all. I might be a little emotionally unstable because kids point and laugh at me all day and the look a foreigner. lol. Just kidding.
*The church is true for sure. I defiantly would be out here in miditville if it wasn't true.
*Geeze, no man! who am I? Grandpa curly.
*My companion is funny, last night he talked in his sleep. He yelled "I will eat well" in Korean. It was hilarious. We say that in Korea before we eat.
*we were just leaving the other missionaries and we were running to get into the subway. He got it and then the doors closed with me on the outside. So it left and I was there like UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.. So I got on and then got off at the next stop but he wasn't there so I just waited and finally he came.
*I totally cut my hair pro and then in like two seconds my companion jacked it up trying to trim around the ear. I didn't know it was possible to be that ____!
*So I totally go to go to North KOREA! INTENSE!!!!!!! It was way awesome. It was way crazy how the North Koreans were like staring at us with binoculars and stuff. It was rad. We are definitely going if you come to Korea! You would think it's cool. It felt like Disneyland but when I thought about it, I was like, huh, I guess this is kind of dangerous.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

You probably don't know me (Natalie). I taught at Pinon Mesa with Hailee. When Jay returned home from his mission and gave a talk in our ward, my Dad and I talked to him briefly because we're from S. Korea. I saw your blog link on Julie and Gary's, and I found these mission emails from your hubby pretty darn funny. Also, my husband worked at Serrano, and people kept confusing him with Jay. They knew one spoke Korean and the other was married to a Korean and they're both Mormons. Haha..

kitchenditcher said...

I remember a lot of these comments!! Too funny...he had some pretty different experiences!!